Last Updated: June 1, 2021.
- access or use the www.letsplate.co website (the “site”);
- sign up for our newsletter, make a purchase or otherwise interact with us on or through the site (“Customer Interactions”);
- access links to Let’s Plate’s social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites (“Social Media Pages”); and/or
- enter sweepstakes, contests, and/or promotions offered by Let’s Plate from time to time (collectively, “Promotions” and together with the site, Customer Interactions and Social Media Pages, the “Let’s Plate Online Offerings”).
We may collect several types of information from you, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, username and password, shipping and billing information, email address, telephone number, and/or credit card number (including security code and expiration date) (collectively, “personally identifiable information” or “PII”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences; and/or
- about others, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients or family and friends whom you have referred to the site.
We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, as follows:
Information You Provide – We receive information you provide to use when you:
- create any account with us (e.g., online shopping account, loyalty account, or any other type of account we offer);
- log into, visit and use our site;
- engage in Customer Interactions;
- make a purchase, either in-store or online;
- pickup up purchases using our curbside service; to personalize our products, services and offerings to you;
- place an order through a third party delivery service;
- contact us for customer service;
- participate in any Promotions; or
- otherwise communicate with Let’s Plate.
We may collect information about you from other sources, as follows:
- Let’s Plate may work with one or more data-modeling and/or data–append services which allow us to learn more about you from other sources, based on the information you have permitted us to gather directly (including your email address).
- We may collect information about you from other third parties, such as our business partners.
- We may combine the information we obtain from other sources with information we collect from you directly and use it for various purposes, such as to tailor advertising and content to you and send you offers that may be of interest.
We, our service providers (including advertising and analytics providers), and third parties may automatically collect several types of information about you including information:
- as you navigate through the site, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, such as information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- about your mobile device.
This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site and Let’s Plate Online Offerings, associate browsers and devices together, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests.
The technologies we, our service providers, and third parties may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes a unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, and tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You may disable or refuse to accept cookies through the appropriate browser settings, however if you select this setting you may not be able to use all features of our site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
We may use the information we collect from you or receive about you:
- for registration and billing purposes;
• to provide, maintain, and improve the site and our products and services;
• to respond to your questions and fulfill your orders and requests;
• to verify entry into a Promotion and ship any prizes won in connection an applicable Promotion;
• to personalize our products, services and offerings to you;
• to communicate with you about your orders, our products, and the site;
• to manage your account and send you account related information;
• to send you promotional messages and for targeted advertising purposes; and/or
• for internal data modeling and marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Let’s Plate, including those to which this site links to or that link to this site.
To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for interest based advertising by companies that participate in the Network Advertising (“NAI”) or Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), visit the websites operated by the NAI [HTTP://WWW.NETWORKADVERTISING.ORG/CHOICES] and the DAA [HTTP://WWW.ABOUTADS.INFO/CHOICES/]. Note, however, that not all service providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from us and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you. If you delete or block cookies, buy or use a different device, access the site from a different device, login under a different name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. At this time, we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
Customized Ad Campaigns
We may also work with third party social media sites to serve Let’s Plate ads to you as part of a customized social media campaign.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers, or other third parties. This data will not identify you personally.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company, delivery company, or web host) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them for any other purpose.
We (including, for all purposes hereof, any third parties that provide support services to us) will use the PII you provided to us to process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone and/or the email address that you provide to Let’s Plate to communicate with).
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure of Let’s Plate, our customers or others, we may disclose your information as required. This includes identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users to your account.
We may share your email address, other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences, and other information we may collect, including PII, with third-party partners for our, theirs and their customers’ marketing, analytics, content personalization, and other activities. We and our partners may combine such data with other data for these purposes.
Protecting Your Information
We make commercially reasonable efforts to help keep your information secure and help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, alternation, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Let’s Plate account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our site. Please note that we will never ask for your Let’s Plate account username or password via email.
Opting-Out of Communications
Receipt of marketing, promotional, and non-transactional email communications from Let’s Plate Click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Let’s Plate email or change your Let’s Plate account settings/preferences.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of transactional email communications related to your account. We may continue to contact you for the purposes of communicating information relating to your request for Let’s Plate Online Offerings, your participation in a Promotion and to respond to inquiries made by you, as applicable, even if you have elected to opt-out of certain communications as provided above.
To opt-out of all communications from Let’s Plate you must cease using the Let’s Plate Online Offerings, and other services related to the Let’s Plate Online Offerings.
If you have provided us with your prior express consent to receive communications via an automatic telephone system (autodialer), artificial or prerecorded voice messages or text messages, we may use your information to send text messages to any mobile device connected to your cell phone number until you opt out from future text messages by replying STOP to any text messages you receive from us. Once you cancel, we will send one additional confirmation text message stating that you have opted out of receiving automated text messages from us.
Attention European Union Residents; Data Transfers
You agree that your information will be transferred to and processed by Let’s Plate in the United States. By using and accessing the Let’s Plate Online Offerings, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to our site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use or contact form.
Accessing and Modifying Information
You may update, modify, and/or correct your information by using our contact form Note, however, that Let’s Plate will continue to retain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please use our contact form with your feedback pertaining to privacy.
Effective: January 1, 2020
- Personal Information We Collect
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from the particular service, product or functionality if that information is necessary to provide you with such service, product or functionality or if we are legally required to collect it.
The CCPA describes several categories of Personal Information. The following chart describes those categories and identifies which categories we have collected during the past 12 months.
Please note, the types of Personal Information identified below correspond with the types of Personal Information identified for each category in the CCPA. Reference to a specific type of Personal Information in the examples below is not a representation that we actually collect that specific type of Personal Information. To request information about the types of Personal Information we have collected from or about you in the past 12 months, please see the section titled “Access Requests” below.
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, current or past job history, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))|
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing histories or tendencies.||YES|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait or other physical patterns and sleep, health or exercise data.||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.||YES|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information.||YES|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information from CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA) and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- How We Collect Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We may receive Personal Information directly from you when you interact with our websites, purchase products, interact with us, visit one of our stores or otherwise provide us with your Personal Information. We may also provide additional notices when collecting information from you about our collection, use and disclosure of that Personal Information. These notices may supplement or clarify our privacy practices with respect to that Personal Information and may provide you with additional choices about how we use that Personal Information.
Personal Information Collected from Third Parties
We may collect your Personal Information from third party business partners such as social media sites, ad networks and analytics providers.
We may also collect your Personal Information from others that refer you to our Service.
Personal Information Automatically Obtained from Your Interactions with the Sites
When you use our Sites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the webpages you visit, the search terms you use and any advertisements you interact with.
Like many websites, our Sites also use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Sites and our Service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. A session cookie enables certain features of the Sites and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Sites. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Sites. We may use both session and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Sites, to monitor aggregate usage by our uses and web traffic routing on out Sites, and to improve our Sites and Services. You may also be able to configure your computer or mobile device to limit the collection of these “cookies,” but that limitation may also limit our ability to provide all of the services or functionalities of the Sites. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.ORG.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or after you visit our Sites, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our Sites and the dates and times that you visit, access or use our Sites. We may also use these technologies to collection information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Please note that we have not yet developed a response to browser “Do Not Track” signals, and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to “Do Not Track” signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or mobile device, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through our Sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- How We Use Personal Information
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your Personal Information to facilitate new product orders or process refunds. If you submit a review of our products or your experience with Let’s Plate, we may post that submission on our Sites, without identifying you by your full name or address.
- To provide, support, personalize and develop our Sites, products and services.
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third party sites and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Sites, products and services, databases and other technology assets and our business.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development, including to develop and improve our Sites, products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Let’s Plate’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Let’s Plate about users of our Sites and our customers is among the assets transferred.
Let’s Plate will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- How We Share Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement Agencies. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to, and defend against claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Let’s Plate or a third party, to protect Let’s Plate against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive or legally actionable activity, to protect the security or integrity of our Sites and Services and any equipment used to make the Sites and Services available, or to comply with the law.
- Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the past 12 months, Let’s Plate has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
|Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||YES|
|Internet or other similar network activity||YES|
|Professional or employment-related information||YES|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||NO|
- Sales of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, Let’s Plate has not sold Personal Information.
- Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Let’s Plate disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see How to Exercise Your Rights), we will disclose to you, based on what you request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business and/or commercial purposes for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also known as a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (1) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (2) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Let’s Plate delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see How to Exercise Your Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Contacting us through our contact form
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative of that person.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request to exercise your access, data portability and/or deletion rights if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days after we receive it. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing within 45 days after we receive your initial request.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period prior to the date we receive the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also provide the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information at any time. We do not sell Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to our site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use our contact form
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please fill out our contact form with your feedback pertaining to privacy.